About Bodkin Design & Engineering
Your source for electro-optic and mechanical engineering
Since 1992, Bodkin Design & Engineering has provided product development, innovation, and engineering services to the industrial, commercial, military, and research communities. BD&E has successfully introduced a broad range of products that incorporate cutting-edge technologies and has secured numerous industry patents for its clients.
These system-level solutions draw on our expertise in:
- Mechanical Engineering
BD&E is an innovative electro-optics engineering firm that has designed many first photonic applications. We have a team of highly experienced engineers and scientists who are experts in designing creative, cost-effective solutions to address your specific needs.
We pride ourselves in our ability to identify key performance requirements while working with our customer to effectively navigate complex trade-spaces to arrive at an optimal solution.
From precision engineered optical products for advanced space systems, to miniature portable generators for today’s soldiers, to custom OEM systems, Bodkin Design is your best source for creative and affordable solutions. We invite you to discover how our cutting-edge expertise can solve your toughest problems!
List of Patents
- Patent # 5388525 – Railway car retarder
- Patent # 6023061 – Miniature infrared camera
- Patent # 6303934 – Monolithic infrared spectrometer apparatus and methods
- Patent # 6528792 – Gas detection apparatus using a combined infrared source and high temperature bolometer
- Patent # 6539336 – Sport monitoring system for determining airtime, speed, power absorbed and other factors such as drop distance
- Patent # 6687428 – Optical Switch
- Patent # 6844553 – Absorption spectroscopy apparatus and method
- Patent # 7049597 – Multi-mode optical imager
- Patent # 7157802 – Electrical Power Source
- Patent # 7796316 – Micro-Optic Shutter
- Patent # 7968848 – Infrared radiation sources, sensors and source combinations, and methods of manufacture
- Patent # 8154732 – Multiband spatial heterodyne spectrometer and associated methods
- Patent # 8174694 – Hyperspectral Imaging Systems
- Patent # 8233148 – Hyperspectral Imaging Systems
- Application # 12/880,818 – Limited F-Cone Light Source